Canon blister packaging
As of September 1st 2011, Canon will introduce a new blister packaging solution for ink cartridges, both with and without security.
Please go to the list of affected products including their new mercury codes and logistical data. We recommend to update the internal databases with the new mercury codes and data using this information. The EAN codes will remain unchanged.
The unit price of the ink will not be affected by the change in packaging. However, due to the size of the new packaging, the box and pallet quantities have increased so please check details prior to ordering.
To ensure the most efficient retail solutions, certain SKU's will not be available in the new blister packaging. However, they will remain available in the standard cardboard, non-blistered packaging.
- During initial implementation of the transition to new packaging, Canon expects mixed packaging on display in different sales channels for a period of time
- To reduce the impact on business partners, Canon has minimised its inventory levels of the old blister packaging and will roll out shipment of product in the new packaging from September 1st.
- The length of time the transition from old packaging to new will depend on Canon and channel inventory
- Channel inventory is the responsibility of individual 1st tier partners and as such, will differ by partner
- However, please note that Canon will not accept any return of product in the old blister packaging. Both old and new packaging contains current product.